It is general perception that to lose weight or for good health eating raw food is good but that is not true for everyone , no doubt raw foods are rich in nutrition but it is our digestive system which should be capable enough to absorb those nutrients, so eating raw is not always beneficial.
- Raw vegetables are heavy to digest, eating large amount of raw veggies depletes digestive fire which leads to accumulation of toxins and then causes disease.
- Raw food gives instant energy and you feel better elimination but in long run it causes gas, bloating, constipation, dryness of skin, coldness and sleeping problem.
- Cooked food are easy to digest. Steaming and sautéing of vegetables Infact make easy to absorb nutrients but over cooking should be avoided.
*Uncooked foods are dry,cold, rough and activating in nature so they increase vata dosha in body this increased vata causes many physical and mental disorders.
- Ayurveda recommends to eat raw fruits, nuts and spices that too according to individual digestive capacity.
- Person with strong digestion can have raw food but that should not be dominant part of meal.