Eating til ladoo in winter is part of our tradition specially on the day of makar sankranti but after knowing til or sesame seeds benefit you definitely want to eat more of it this season.
In ayurveda til seeds, oil and its whole plant is used, til oil is base of most of the ayurvedic oils.
Til oil is considered best among all types of oil for consumption as well as for massage.
- There are 3 varieties of til, black which is best one, white is medium and red one is minimum in health benefits.
- Til is hot in potency, heavy in nature. It balance vata and kapha dosha.
- It is rich in vitamin E, K, B1, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc and dietary fiber.
- Til increase body strength and immunity.
- It improves digestive strength, act as laxative, cleanse body channels.
- Excellent for skin as it moisturize skin, improves skin quality. Used both internally and externally for skin.
- It is extremely good for hair, regular application of til oil on scalp and eating til seeds helps in growth of hair , prevent hair fall and premature greying of hair .
- Til is good for oral health also it can be chewed or oil can be used for oil pulling.
- It gives strength to bone, muscles and joint, oil of choice for daily massage, good for babies massage also.
- It improves memory and intelligence. It calm nervous system, helps in stress and depression.
- Helps in weight loss. Maintain cholesterol level.
- Til is good for heart. It prevents hypertension.
HOW TO USE Til?
Til seeds can be eaten directly or in form of ladoo, gajak, add it in vegetables or khichdi. It’s oil can be used in cooking, for daily massage, oil pulling, as nasal drops and ear drops. Til oil used for head massage relieves headache and helps in sound sleep.
ANY SIDE EFFECTS??
Person with extreme body heat should avoid it.