👉Before choosing oil keep few things in mind
- Use oil which is traditionally used in the region where you live like in Uttar Pradesh mustard oil , in gujrat ground nut oil and in Kerala coconut oil is used.
If a person in north India uses coconut oil which is sweet, cold and dense in nature for daily cooking then there is chances of aggravation of kapha.
- Use oil which can be easily obtained from there source like it takes less effort or process to obtain oil from seeds like sesame , groundnut, mustard etc on the other hand it take much processing to obtain oil from dry bran.
- As per Ayurveda sesame oil is best for Internal and external use.
- Use unrefined oil and single filtered oil.
- Sesame oil, mustard oil, peanut oil and coconut oil are good options for Indian cooking.
🤔Can we reuse oil??
👉Leftover oil after frying has no nutritional value or oil which is burnt due to high flame should not be consumed.
🤔Olive oil is best available oil??
👉 No, for Indian cooking it is not best option firstly it is not traditional oil of India and it has low smoking point which is not suitable for Indian cooking.
🤔Food without oil is good??
👉In healthy condition Ayurveda recommends use of oil in food as some of the nutrients are fat soluble, also as per ayurveda snigdha ( unctuous) food improves appetite and makes food easy to digest. In disease conditions consult vaidhya about usage of oil.