Swarnprashan can be correlated with vaccination of modern medicine but vaccination which protects from particular microorganisms, swarnprashan improves overall physical and mental health. It comes in drops which is given orally, it is best to start it from early age as due to immature immune system babies are more vulnerable to diseases but as balayavastha is considered upto 16 years, swarnprashan could be given upto the age of 16 years. It is also very beneficial for children with special needs.
Q. What are the benefits of swarnprashan?
* It increases physical strength. Good for muscles and bones .
* Improves appetite, digestive capacity and prevents digestive disorder.
* Children are prone to respiratory disorders. By improving respiratory immunity, swarnprashan protect children from frequent cough, cold, asthma, bronchitis and allergic rhinitis.
* It prevents children from falling ill very often and even if they fall ill it helps them to recover fast.
* Protect from illness due seasonal change.
* Helps in smooth teething phase.
* Improves skin tone.
* It improves memory, intelligence and grasping power of children.
* Increase life span.
* It helps in later life also by protecting them from various immunodeficiency disorders.
* It can be given during puberty when secondary sexual characters starts to appear.
* Word like mangal, punyakar are used to describe its importance.
Q. In what form does it comes?
It comes in liquid or in semi solid consistency for easy intake.
Q. For how long it should be given?
It should be given for 6 months or at least 1 month continuously starting from pushya nakshatra. If that is not possible, then only on the day of pushya nakshatra (once in a month) should be given to the baby.
Q. At which age it can be given?
From 0 – 16 years of age.
Q. When to give it?
It is given early morning on an empty stomach, there should be gap of 15 minutes with anything to eat.
Q. Are there any side effects of swarnprashan?
Note- Good for children with special needs