What is shatavari??
Shatavari is a herb whose roots are used in Ayurveda for its medicinal properties.
It is cold, heavy to digest, unctuous, sweet and bitter in taste.
It balances vata and pitta dosha in body.
Is Shatavari useful for women only??
No anyone can take it according to requirement.
What are the uses of shatavari??
1. Improve strength, weight and immunity
– it is useful for children , for those who do heavy exercise or exertion, those who are loosing weight due to any disease and in old age emaciation.
-it gives relief in gastritis and ulcers – have it with milk or ghee.
3. During pregnancy and after deliver
– taking it during pregnancy gives nourishment to both mother and foetus .
– prevent constipation during pregnancy.
– taking it after pregnancy helps in proper lactation and helps uterus to
get back in its original shape and strengthen its muscles.
4. Menstrual disorders
– PMS, heavy flow, less flow or white discharge in all conditions it is useful.
– it helps during menopause phase .
5. Eye disorders
-useful in dry eyes and in burning sensation in eyes.
6. Good for heart. ♥️
7. Anti aging
– it prevents early signs of aging like premature greying of hairs, wrinkles, moles etc.
– it rejuvenate body tissues.
– nourishes body tissues.
– it improves intelligence, learning, grasping and recalling power.
– calm mind.
– induce sleep.
9. Nervin tonic
– useful in neurological disorders.
-diabetic neuropathy .
– helpful in conditions like numbness, anxiety, fear, excessive anger, IBS, epilepsy, palpitation and insomnia.
– it is used in both male and female fertility issues.
– it improves sperm and semen quality and quantity.
– it regulate hormonal balance in female and strengthen uterus wall.
– Act as aphrodisiac.
11. Bleeding disorders
– it is useful in nasal bleeding, rectal bleeding and heavy menstrual flow.
12. Useful in Inflammation.
13. Good for skin
– treat acne due to hormonal imbalance
– improve skin complexion and glow.
14. Used in treatment of Urine incontinence .
How to use it?
It is generally adviced to take it by boiling with milk.
1 tablespoon shatavari mix with 1/2 cup of milk and 2 cup of water boil them till it reduces to 1/2 cup mishri can be added in it.
It can be taken with ghee.
It’s tablet can be taken.
Oil prepared using it can be applied on skin.
Shatavari kalp can be given to children with milk in place of health drink powder.
Who should avoid it?
Kapha body type and kapha dominant disorders it should be avoided.
They can have its green leaves after cooking like vegetable.
Always consult Vaidhya before using it.